We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
The hammock is an invention of the South American Indians. It is quite simple to execute, and it is used not only as furniture for a comfortable sleep, but also protection from dampness and midges.
The most important thing to consider when doing a hammock chair with your own hands is the choice of material. The most durable fabrics:
- mattress teak;
- camouflage or canvas.
Synthetic products are also suitable for use, but they have one significant drawback - they do not breathe.
If we talk about cords, it is better to choose threads made of cotton. Synthetics in this case again loses. Cotton cords are more pleasant to the touch. They are easy to tie into knots and intertwine.
Regardless of which do-it-yourself hammock chair you are planning to make, there are some rules that remain the same for all types of garden furniture of this type.
- Hang the product either between two supports, or between two trees. If you have chosen the latter option, the diameter of the tree trunk should be more than 20 centimeters. The deepening of the supports into the soil goes to a meter depth.
- Ropes are strong, thick. In diameter, they should reach 8 millimeters. In some cases, the fabric is strengthened with eyelets.
- Install a hammock at a height of one and a half meters above the ground. Between support columns the distance should reach 3 meters.
We suggest you read an article in which we talk about how to make furniture for a summer house using ordinary belts.
How to make a Mexican Cocoon hammock
If you are thinking about how to make a hammock with your own hands, the presented option is one of the easiest. At the same time, it is quite convenient to use.
When folded, the weight of the hammock is 1 kilogram, which makes it convenient to carry with you. It is almost impossible to drop out of the cocoon, but in order to get out of the product, you will have to work hard.
To make this type of hammock you will need:
- a cord 20 meters long (it can withstand weight up to 200 kilograms);
- dense fabric - 2 pieces of 3 meters.
Assembly takes place as follows:
- the cuts are folded together;
- they are sewn towards each other from two sides, something like a tunnel with incomplete edges should turn out;
- the narrow side of the hammock is tucked a couple of centimeters, sewed;
- the resulting tunnel is pulled by a cord;
- then the cord is crossed, tightened so that the fabric is slightly gathered;
- the place of tightening is wrapped several times with a cord, a knot is tied.
Important! In order not to damage the bark of the tree, in the place of contact between it and the cord should be fabric. What the hammock should look like in the finished form, you can see in the photo.
Hammocks used to resemble a regular volleyball net. Now there are many advanced options. It is enough to learn the technique of "macrame" and you can independently make a beautiful and convenient product.
You will need:
- 2 slats - the length should be one and a half meters;
- rope with a diameter of 8 millimeters.
The rope is attached to the bars through specially made holes, whose diameter should be 20 millimeters. The distance between them should reach 5 centimeters. In order for the rope to firmly sit in the holes, the diameter of the rope to it must be made according to the 1/3 principle.
How much a cord is needed depends on the pattern selected. How to calculate the amount of rope required? Measure the distance between the rails, multiply by 3. Then the result should be multiplied by the number of holes.
Important! In the process of using the hammock, made in the technique of "macrame", does not lose shape.
The technology is simple. To create a knot, 4 ropes are required. Cells must be less than 7 centimeters. Additional structural strength is given by metal rings.
How to fasten a hammock
When installing a hammock on supports, the length of the product is regulated by tension. You can snap it higher, make the deflection stronger.
How to make a hammock with your own hands Brazilian type? You will need:
- nylon cord (2 packs of 10 meters each);
- 2 fabric cuts measuring 90x200 centimeters;
- 2 wooden sticks 90 centimeters long.
Assembly of the product consists of several stages.
- Two pieces of fabric are sewn together.
- Short sections are bent a couple of centimeters, stitched.
- Then carry out the marking for the eyelets, the distance between them should reach 8.5 cm. Eyelets can be inserted. If they are not, stitches are sewn. The cord passes through them, as well as through the grommets. If possible, it is better to use metal products, they are more reliable.
- Sticks must be marked. A distance of 2.5 centimeters recedes from the edges. Then 8.5 cm are measured from the marks.
- For an 8-mm cord, folded in half, you need to drill holes with a diameter of 20 millimeters.
- The cord is cut into meter pieces. Each of the pieces is threaded through the hole in the stick. It must be pushed through the grommet, then again through the stick.
- At a distance equal to half a meter from the end of the stick, all the cords are collected together. It remains only to tie a knot and tighten.
- Next, the node is braided. The hammock is ready to use! How it looks can be seen in the photo.
- You may also be interested in an article in which we talk about what can be done to give from corks from plastic bottles.
Everyone can make a hammock on their own. It is important to choose the right materials. The cord should be strong, the fabric should be reliable, breathable, made of natural materials.
There are several varieties of hammocks, which one to choose is up to you. If you want to get a comfortable place to sleep, you should stop at the "cocoon", if the main thing is aesthetics, you can weave the product using the macrame technique. Whichever option you choose, you should adhere to the general rules for installing the product.