We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Among fruit desserts, low-calorie ones such as jelly are especially popular, the invention of which we owe to the French. The word gelée is translated as gel, jelly. A rich color, a transparent texture interspersed with berries and fruits - this is what real jelly is. It is prepared with the addition of gelling substances (calorisers) - gelatin, pectin or agar-agar.
Cherry jelly: benefits and harms
Cherry jelly has a rich ruby color, looks beautiful on the table. In addition, it is tasty and healthy thanks to a cherry containing:
- digestion pectins;
- glucose, fructose, organic acids, carotene, easily absorbed by the body;
- vitamins B1, B9, C, PP;
- trace elements: copper, potassium, magnesium, iron.
Cherry is useful for anemia, arthrosis, constipation, problems with the lungs and kidneys.
Calorizers also have a beneficial effect on the human body.
- Gelatin restores cartilage and joints. Due to the presence of collagen in it, the condition of hair and nails improves. It is important for the nervous system and brain, has a positive effect on metabolism and heart function.
- Pectin - A good cleaner of the body from toxins and harmful substances.
- Agar agar rich in iodine, calcium, iron, it cleanses the body of toxins.
Cherry jelly is harmful only to people who can not tolerate its individual components. It is undesirable to get carried away by this delicacy to people suffering from an ulcer or acute gastritis.
The nutritional value
Cherry jelly - a low-calorie treat: It contains only 56 kcal per 100 grams of product. It contains only 2.8% protein and 14% carbohydrates.
It is prepared from any berries: fresh, frozen, dried. Sometimes - based only on cherry juice.
So that the calorizer does not impair the taste of the dessert, does not reduce its transparency, it should be added in an amount strictly corresponding to the recipe. Moreover, it is best to use a pure product, without flavors, and not a prefabricated bag.
You can achieve a special color and taste of goodies by adding lemon, liquor or red wine to cherry jelly. These ingredients will give it a special flavor.
How to make cherry jelly
There are many recipes for making this cherry dessert.
- Take 300 g of pitted cherries, 600 g of water, 150 g of sugar and 20 g of gelatin. Gelatin is dissolved in half a glass of water. Syrup is prepared from the remaining liquid, brought to a boil, berries are added and boiled for 10 minutes. The resulting product is injected with swollen gelatin, poured into molds, cooled for 4-5 hours.
- 2 glasses of pitted cherries are laid out in a bowl. 10 g of gelatin is poured into 50 g of cherry juice or compote, left for half an hour. Then it is heated so that the gelatin is completely dissolved, preventing the mixture from boiling. Dilute the product with two glasses of juice or compote, sweeten them to taste, stir and pour into molds with berries. Cool for several hours in the refrigerator.
Fresh or frozen cherries
Jelly can be made from such berries even without gelatin, since they contain a lot of pectin.
- One and a half kilograms of peeled berries take half a glass of water and a kilogram of sugar. Cherries are crushed with a wooden crush, poured with water and boiled for several minutes. The cooled mass is ground through a sieve, filtered, the juice obtained is mixed with sugar and boiled for 40 minutes, stirring so that the mass does not burn. You can pour jelly into sterile jars and store in the refrigerator. For flavor, it’s good to add vanilla sugar.
- You can not strain the cherries, but cook at 218 degrees until thickened, then pour the mixture into jars and put them in a water bath for 10 minutes.
- Cherry marmalade. For 2 kg of peeled fruit, 1 kg of sugar is needed. Cherry is poured with water and boiled until a saturated color liquid is obtained. Then strain the broth, add sugar and cook until thickened. The finished product is poured into a low but wide container so that the layer height is not more than 1 cm. After cooling, the jelly is cut into various shapes, you can sprinkle it with sugar. It can be stored for up to a year and is used to decorate cakes and pastries.
The berries are pre-steamed with a small amount of boiling water under the lid. Then grind to a puree consistency, add apple juice and sugar (take a glass of juice and 2 cups of sugar per kilogram of berries). The mixture is boiled until thick and poured into sterilized jars.
- Seedless cherries need so much that it densely fills a three-liter jar. Pour 70 g of gelatin with 0.5 l of water, let it swell. We fill the cherries with a kilogram of sugar and cook for a couple of minutes. The gelatin is heated until completely dissolved, poured into a container with cherries, stirred and poured into sterile jars, which are stored in the refrigerator.
- Pour 2 kg of peeled cherries with two glasses of water and cook until the fruits are softened. Strain the resulting broth, cook until the volume is reduced by 2 times. Then add 700 g of sugar and, stirring, cook until thickened. Put in sterile jars. Together with sugar, you can add a small amount of pectin, and at the end of cooking - a little tartaric acid.
For 2 kg of peeled cherries you will need a pound of sugar, 20 g of dried pectin or 150 g of liquid, a bag of vanilla sugar. Cherries pour 450 g of sugar and leave for 2 hours. Then cook for 15 minutes. After giving 5 hours to stand, they cook the same amount. After four hours of settling, the product is brought to a boil, pectin mixed with sugar residues is added and cooked for 3 minutes, making sure that the pectin does not curdle. Finished jelly is rolled up in sterile jars.
Interesting Jelly Feeding Ideas
A delicious cherry dessert is important to serve beautifully. Below are some original options.
- Jelly looks beautiful in tall glasses on a leg.
- You can fill the jelly in the molds in the form of various figures. Before serving, the molds are turned on a plate and cleaned.
- An interesting serving option is in a watermelon peel. To do this, jelly is poured into halves of a watermelon, peeled from the pulp, before serving, cut into portioned slices.
- You can cook cherry roll.
Ingredients for the dough: 3 eggs, half a glass of sugar, 120 g flour, a little baking powder and vanillin.
Ingredients for the cream: 400 g of fat cream, 40 g of powdered sugar, a spoonful of cocoa, a little cognac.
Preparation of cherry jelly: soak 10 g of gelatin in 50 g of water, allow to swell. 150 g of peeled fruit and half a glass of sugar pour 150 g of water and boil for a couple of minutes, add gelatin, dissolve, cool, add a little lemon juice. Jelly should be thick, but overflow. Using the packaging bag and tape, it is necessary to give the jelly the shape of a cylinder, tie the neck of the bag and place in the refrigerator until it hardens.
- using a mixer to prepare the dough, spread it on a sheet covered with pastry tracing paper;
- bake at 200 degrees for 10 minutes before browning;
- with the paper roll the cake into the roll, when it cools down, separate the paper;
- beat the cream, for the most part grease the cake;
- spread jelly on the edge of the cake, freeing the "sausage" from the bag;
- twist the roll and wrapping it in film, put in the refrigerator for 6 hours;
- remove the film, smear the roll with the remaining cream;
- Before cutting, place in the freezer for half an hour.
Canned Cherry in Jelly
Cherry jelly is a popular and healthy dessert. He is especially good in the heat. It can be prepared for the winter, and in the cold this delicacy will be a wonderful, fragrant reminder of the sultry summer.