Sweet five-minute red currant jam is appreciated for its taste and useful properties. Ripe fruits are used for cooking. It is not recommended to cook five minutes from frozen berries. Due to the effect of low temperature, they lose their valuable qualities and are not suitable for workpieces.
How to make red currant five-minute jam
The process should start with the preparation of the fruit. As a rule, berries are sold on twigs, so they must be removed first. Then leaves and other plant debris are removed. The fruits are washed under running water and left in a colander, allowing the liquid to drain.
There are many recipes for five-minute red currants for the winter, but to get a delicious treat, you should take into account not only the method of preparation, but also the equipment used. It is recommended to cook jam in an enamel container or in a stainless steel dish. You can use a Teflon-lined saucepan. It is strictly forbidden to cook five minutes in an aluminum container.
Redcurrant Five-Minute Jam Recipes
Obviously, you cannot cook a delicacy in 5 minutes. The process includes a preparation phase that takes longer. Therefore, it is customary to call a five-minute jam the simplest and fastest jam recipes, with the help of which everyone can cook currant jam.
A simple recipe for five-minute red currant jam
First of all, the berries are sorted out, removing damaged and spoiled fruits.
The classic recipe consists of 2 components (1 kg each):
- granulated sugar;
- ripe berries.
To obtain a liquid consistency, you can add 100 ml (about half a glass) of water to the jam. Gelatin and other components are practically not used in five minutes. The fruits contain pectin, a natural thickening agent.
- The berries are placed in layers in a deep container (sprinkle with sugar between the layers).
- The fruits are left for 3-4 hours so that they release the juice outside.
- The mixture is placed on the stove, brought to a boil.
- Stirring constantly, the jam is cooked for 5 minutes.
- The stewpan is removed from the stove, covered with a lid and left for 10-12 hours.
- When the jam is infused, it is brought to a boil and boiled for 5 minutes again.
A hot, only cooked five-minute, is closed in pre-sterilized jars.
Jelly jam 5-minute red currant
Jelly confiture is used as an independent treat, as well as as an addition to baked goods and confectionery. The method of cooking this five-minute is almost the same as the previous version.
- currant berries - 1 kg;
- granulated sugar - 1.2 kg;
- boiled water - 250 ml.
Important! To make sure to get a jelly-like jam, add 1-2 sachets of edible gelatin. It complements the pectin found in the berries and provides the desired consistency.
- The washed and peeled fruits are placed in a container, water is poured there.
- The mixture, stirring occasionally, must be boiled.
- The heated fruits are ground through a sieve with a wooden spatula.
- Sugar is poured into the resulting mass, stirred.
- The mixture is returned to the stove, after boiling it is boiled for 15-20 minutes.
It is recommended to add gelatin before the end of cooking. First, it should be diluted with water and warmed up so that it dissolves well. Ready jam is poured into jars and left to cool for 1 day. Then covered with lids, or canned.
You can use a different jelly jam recipe:
Vanilla jam 5-minute red currant
Having mastered the step-by-step recipe for 5-minute red currant jam, you need to pay attention to the original cooking methods. One of them involves adding vanilla to berry jelly confiture.
- gelling sugar - 1 kg;
- vanilla stick - 2-3 pcs.;
- 1 glass of water;
- red currants - 2 kg.
Important! To prepare such a five-minute, natural vanilla sticks should be used. It is impossible to use a powdery component, since it does not have a rich taste and contains components that can affect the density of the jam.
- The fruits are placed in a container, filled with water.
- The boiled mass is ground with a sieve to obtain gruel.
- The chopped currants are placed back into the container.
- The cut vanilla stick is added to the composition.
- The jam is boiled and cooked on the stove for 5 minutes.
- The mass is removed from the stove, vanilla is removed.
It is advised to preserve the jam immediately, until it has cooled down. This will preserve the flavor and aroma of the vanilla without fading away.
5-minute red currant jam recipe with honey
Ripe berries are ideally combined with beekeeping products. Therefore, you should pay attention to another option for cooking a five-minute with currants.
- honey - 700-800 g;
- red currant fruits - 800 g;
- half a liter of water.
Important! Only artificial honey is used to make jam. When heated, a natural beekeeping product emits toxic substances that can harm health.
- Honey is mixed with water and brought to a boil.
- Pre-peeled berries are placed in the resulting syrup.
- The mass is boiled again and kept on fire for 5 minutes.
Do not stir the mass during cooking. It is only necessary to remove the foam that forms on the surface.
Red currant jam with ginger
The presented delicacy has unique taste properties. Plus, ginger has many health benefits. Therefore, such a recipe should definitely be tried by everyone who wants to make an original five-minute jam.
- berries - 0.6 kg;
- water - 0.5 l;
- sugar - 700 g;
- ginger root - 50 g;
- cinnamon - 1 pinch.
When preparing a five-minute, strict adherence to proportions is required. Otherwise, the taste of the dessert can be accidentally spoiled.
- Sugar is poured into water and put on fire.
- When the syrup boils, grated ginger root, cinnamon and berries are added to it.
- The mixture is cooked for 5 minutes without stirring.
Ready jam is poured into jars and closed. This should be done carefully so as not to damage the berries.
Terms and conditions of storage
The shelf life of five-minute jam reaches 3 years. But this period is relevant, provided that the workpiece is stored correctly.
The following factors negatively affect the shelf life:
- violation of storage conditions;
- overripe or spoiled fruits used in the preparation of the five-minute;
- violation of the recipe;
- non-sterile container for preserving five minutes.
It is recommended to store the jam in the refrigerator or other cool place that is protected from sunlight. At room temperature, a five-minute period deteriorates in 1 month, so an open can cannot be stored outside the refrigerator for longer.
Thanks to its simple preparation method, five-minute red currant jam is very popular. This dessert can be used as an independent treat and as a component to other dishes. Compliance with a simple recipe allows you to provide a rich taste of jam, and the use of additional components: honey, vanilla or ginger, enrich the five-minute with original notes.