We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Garlic variety Lazurny is a shooted winter crop, zoned in a temperate climate. Designed for personal and commercial cultivation. The variety is high-yielding, mid-season, does not lose its presentation during long-term storage.
The Lazurny winter garlic variety was created on the basis of ZAO TsPT Ovoshchevod in Yekaterinburg. The originator is V.G. Susan. The basis was formed by local types of culture with good frost resistance. The main direction of hybridization is the creation of a new type of arrowhead garlic with a leveled, dense bulb, with a long shelf life, high yield and drought resistance. The Lazurny variety is zoned in the Ural climate, has shown good results and is fully consistent with the declared characteristics. In 2010 it was entered into the State Register with the recommendation of cultivation in the European, Central, North-Western part of Russia.
Description of Azure garlic
Winter garlic Azure refers to a mid-season variety. Ripens in 120 days from the moment the young growth appears. Due to the formation of an arrow, the head does not crumble after harvesting, maintaining its integrity for the entire storage period. Garlic is grown in farm fields and in a personal plot. The culture is frost-resistant, tolerates high temperatures well with minimal watering, and is undemanding in agricultural technology.
A variety was created for cultivation in the temperate climate of the European part of the Russian Federation, zoned in the Urals. The Azure garlic variety has recently appeared on the seed market. Garlic is grown in Siberia in the Urals, Central Russia, due to its drought resistance, it is suitable for cultivation in the southern regions.
Description of Azure garlic (pictured):
- Leaves are narrow, lanceolate, elongated, grooved, pointed upwards, length - 60 cm, width - 1.8-2 cm. The surface is smooth with a light waxy coating, the edges are even. Leaves are erect, the next leaf is formed inside the previous one, forming a false stem.
- The peduncle (arrow) is 65 cm high, an inflorescence in the form of a ball forms at the top, covered with a film coating before flowering. One tone arrow color with leaves.
- Inflorescence in the form of a spherical umbrella with sterile purple flowers, about 3 mm in diameter. It consists of small bulbs used for propagation of the variety; the plant does not give seeds.
- The bulb is formed in the sinuses of the scales, consists of 6 teeth of a simple structure. The shape of the bulb is round, slightly flattened near the root system, ribbed. Weight - 60 g.
- The bulb is covered with dry white scales with anthocyanin (purple) longitudinal stripes. The shell of the teeth is dense, leathery, light brown.
- The teeth are white with a mild pungent taste and a pronounced odor.
Important! The variety retains its presentation and weight for 6 months.
Is Azure garlic suitable for the Ural region
The culture was hybridized at the Ural Institute of Seed Production. Created specifically for growing in Siberia and the Urals. Tested in this climatic zone. It is also zoned in the Urals. It is based on local varieties of garlic with high immunity and drought resistance. The variety belongs to winter crops, it is planted in the fall. Planting material winters safely, in spring it gives amicable shoots. The frost resistance of Azure garlic is high, sprouts appear after the temperature is above zero. Young shoots are not afraid of recurrent frosts. According to all characteristics and reviews, winter garlic of the Lazurny variety is ideal for growing in the Ural weather conditions.
Characteristics of Azure garlic
Winter garlic Azure is versatile in use. Due to its chemical composition, it is widely used in folk medicine. In cooking, it is used as a hot spice for the first and second courses. It has antibacterial properties, it is used for salting, preserving vegetables, it is consumed fresh. Garlic contains many vitamins necessary for the body in the winter season, so the long shelf life of Azure garlic is a priority when choosing a variety.
The mid-late variety fully matures in the short summer of the temperate zone. Winter garlic gives its first shoots in mid or late May, the timing depends on how early or late spring is. After two months, the garlic reaches biological ripeness; harvesting is carried out in mid-July or early August. Variety Lazurniy is suitable for consumption at the stage of conditional ripeness, "young" garlic is dug 1 month after germination.
Advice! The signal for garlic ripening is yellowing of the foliage and drying of the upper part of the inflorescence.
The yield of a crop depends on the place of planting and subsequent agricultural technology. The optimal plot for garlic is a bed after harvesting potatoes, the plot is quite fertile, while the rule of crop rotation is not violated. The culture is drought-resistant, it has enough seasonal precipitation, in rare cases it is watered additionally.
On waterlogged soils, the plant will not yield a crop. The bed is placed in an open area. In the shade, the garlic is stretched, the bulbs grow small in size with small teeth. Another condition for high yields is soil composition. On acidic clay soils, the culture grows poorly.
If all conditions are met, garlic gives an onion up to 60 g in weight. 1 m2 planted, about 12 plants. The yield is 0.7-0.8 kg. This is an indicator for the climate of the European part. In the South, the productivity of the Lazurny variety from 1 m2 -1.2-1.5 kg.
The azure garlic variety is not afraid of a sharp drop in temperature at night, it tolerates dry hot summers well. The culture has a high immunity to infections and pests. It resists fusarium well, possibly a manifestation of a bacterial disease. Root mites and stem nematodes are found among pests.
Advantages and disadvantages
The advantages of Azure garlic include:
- large size of bulbs and teeth;
- disease resistance;
- good productivity;
- long shelf life;
- the possibility of growing on private and farm plots;
- frost resistance;
- versatility in use.
The variety has one drawback - it does not resist a number of pests poorly.
Planting and leaving
To get a good harvest, it is necessary to correctly determine when to plant Azure garlic and what agricultural technology is required. Planting work is carried out 45 days before the onset of frost, approximately in mid-October. The main indicator is the temperature of the soil, it should not be higher than +10 0C, this is enough for the rooting of the teeth and not enough for the formation of shoots. The site is prepared in September: they dig in, add organic matter, superphosphate, with an acidic composition add dolomite flour.
Planting Azure garlic:
- A bed is poured with a height of 25 cm, a width of 1 m.
- Longitudinal furrows are made so that there is a layer (5 cm) of soil above the planting material.
- The teeth are placed at a distance of 15 cm from each other, bottom down.
- The row spacing is 35 cm.
1 m2 an average of 10–12 seeds are obtained.
- After germination, the earth is loosened, weeds are removed from the garden.
- When the plant grows to 15 cm, the site is mulched with straw or dry leaves.
- At the beginning of the growing season, watering the culture is not needed, there is enough moisture that has accumulated over the winter. Water when the top layer dries up. In the summer, in the absence of precipitation, watering is carried out once a week.
- The plant is treated with copper sulfate in order to prevent it.
The main condition for obtaining large bulbs is timely feeding. Nitrogen, superphosphate and mineral fertilizers are introduced. The aisles are sprinkled with ash. You can fertilize the bed with a solution of bird droppings.
Diseases and pests
Garlic bacterial disease affects only winter crop varieties. Dark spots appear on the planting material, the teeth do not root well. Shoots are rare in spring, yellowing of the upper part of the leaves is observed. You can avoid infection in the following way:
- Timely drying of garlic in the sun after harvest.
- Selection of seeds that are only well-ripened, without damage, large.
- Disinfection of teeth before planting with copper sulfate.
- Treatment with the drug "Energen".
- Top dressing during the growing season "Agricola-2".
Attention! A prerequisite is that you cannot plant garlic in one place for more than 2 years.
Compliance with crop rotation will exclude the development of infection.
On winter garlic of the Lazurny variety, the stem nematode is often parasitized. The larvae feed on the juice of the bulb, the teeth stop growing and become soft. If pests are found, the affected plant is completely removed from the site. Planting garlic on this bed for 4 years is not considered. To prevent the development of a nematode, the planting material is immersed in a 5% saline solution, it must be heated to +45 0C. Calendula is planted in the aisles of the garlic.
The root mite on the Lazurny variety is less common than the nematode. It affects the bulbs during storage, the prongs rot and disappear. It enters the bulb in the spring from the soil. Control measures:
- sorting of planting material;
- if at least one infected onion was found in the batch, all prongs before planting are treated with a solution of colloidal sulfur for 10 liters - 80 g;
- the landing site is also treated with colloidal sulfur.
Root mite larvae hibernate in the soil. The garden bed is not used for planting a crop for 2 years.
Garlic variety Lazurny is a winter, shooting type of culture. Zoned in a temperate climate. Suitable for cultivation on an industrial scale and on a personal plot. The plant is frost-resistant, moisture deficiency is not reflected in the growing season. Provides stable, high yields. The bulbs are versatile in use.
Reviews about Azure garlic
Margarita Zueva, 38 years old, Vologda region
The first year I grew on the site Azure garlic from purchased seeds. In June of the following year, I selected several large inflorescences with airy bulbs and left them for seeds. When the top shell burst and the bulbs turned purple, she pulled out the plant completely and left it to dry. In the fall, I planted the largest material on the site. The next summer, large one-toothed ones grew from them, and they became a full-fledged planting material. I planted them before winter, at the end of summer they gave large bulbs with an average of 70 g.
Taisiya Sergeeva, 60 years old, Nizhny Novgorod
I always plant winter garlic, it is larger and lasts longer. Last year I tried a new variety Lazurny, I hadn’t heard of it before. I was quite pleased. The taste of the bulb is soft, the smell is not sharp, the teeth are large, dense. It is stored for a long time, does not rot and does not dry out. Cultivated culture without special physical and material costs. I liked the variety, collected and sowed the bulbs, I'll see what I get.