We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Champignons can be used for children from the age of two. But among therapists, there is an opinion that it is better to postpone the moment of introducing a product into the diet until the onset of 10 years. At an earlier age, eating mushrooms can cause indigestion. It is necessary to introduce champignons into the baby's diet gradually, taking into account the recommendations of specialists.
Is it possible for children to eat champignons
Champignons are a species of the Champignon family. They are distinguished by a fleshy round cap and a short, thick leg. The color of the mushroom is beige, white and light brown. Champignons grow on the bark of trees and in humus-rich soils. Due to their pronounced mushroom flavor, they are widely used in cooking.
There is a lot of controversy among pediatricians as to how old mushrooms can be for children. There is no definite answer. Much depends on the individual characteristics of the child's body. Officially, mushrooms are allowed to be given after the onset of two years. But there is an opinion that it is useless to introduce a product into the diet before 10 years. It is believed that in preschool age the child's digestive system is not fully formed. Therefore, some of the nutrients are not absorbed by the body. The final decision is made by the parents. It is important to consider not only how old you can give mushrooms to your child, but also how to do it. The product is introduced into the diet gradually and in small portions.
Why mushrooms are useful for children
Champignons contain many vitamins and minerals. Due to the presence of fiber in the composition, they stimulate the work of the gastrointestinal tract. As a result of medical research, it was revealed that the product has anti-inflammatory and antibacterial effects. The calorie content per 100 g of mushrooms is only 27 kcal.
The benefits of mushrooms for children are as follows:
- increasing the protective functions of the body;
- improving the condition of the skin;
- anti-stress action;
- prevention of iron deficiency anemia;
- improving concentration of attention;
- antioxidant action.
Komarovsky's opinion about champignons in the children's diet
According to the well-known doctor Komarovsky, mushrooms can be given to children at the age of 2 years. A prerequisite is that they are grown industrially. The product is first included in the diet as part of a sauce or as an addition to the main course. In this case, the mushrooms must be thoroughly boiled. Otherwise, they will lead to indigestion. The frequency of use should be limited to once a week.
For the preparation of children's meals, it is better to use only hats, since they contain less chitin.
At what age can mushrooms be given to children
The scheme for introducing mushrooms into the diet is determined taking into account the health of the child. From the age of ten, you can give mushrooms to children with digestive problems. In an earlier period, the use of mushrooms can intensify the manifestation of the disease. If no prerequisites for problems are found, then the product is introduced after two years. The well-being and stool of the baby is of no small importance. Any negative reactions indicate that mushrooms should be discarded.
Today champignon is considered one of the most popular mushrooms. It is eaten baked, fried, boiled and stewed. Preschool children are advised to give mushrooms grown in artificial conditions. It is better to refuse the use of forest mushrooms. The specimens collected from highways and industrial sites contain many substances hazardous to health. It is advisable to collect forest mushrooms in the depths of the forest. It must be remembered that it is easy to confuse them with the pale toadstool, which is dangerous to the human body.
When choosing mushrooms in a store, you should pay attention to their appearance and smell. The surface must be smooth, free from dents or damage. In color, mushrooms can be white or beige. Dark spots and mucus should not be present. Purchased mushrooms can be stored in the refrigerator for no more than one day. When frozen, they are suitable for use throughout the year.
Rules for the introduction of mushrooms in the children's menu
The main principle of the introduction of mushrooms in the children's menu concerns the frequency and quantity of the product consumed. For the first time, give a small piece of mushroom. After that, you need to wait 2-3 hours to assess the body's reaction. If there is no abdominal discomfort and allergic reaction, you can increase the amount of the product.
From the age of 10, mushrooms are given to children in larger portions. At this age, enzymes are already present in the child's digestive system that are responsible for processing the product.
Attention! It is not recommended to give salted, pickled and fried mushrooms to children.
How to cook mushrooms for children
Before cooking, the mushrooms should be thoroughly washed and cut into small pieces. It is not required to separate the cap from the leg. You can cut the fruit body both along and across. Champignons go well with meat, vegetables and pastries. They are added to soups, sauces and salads. Children are recommended to give them boiled.
Mushroom cream soup
As part of the cream soup, champignons can be given to a child from 3 years old. The product should be crushed as much as possible.
- 600 ml of water;
- 500 g potatoes;
- 150 g onions;
- 200 g cream 15%;
- 250 g champignons;
- salt to taste.
- Dice the onion and fry in a hot skillet until half cooked.
- The washed mushrooms are cut into small pieces and added to the onion. Fry them for 10 minutes.
- The potatoes are peeled and cut into large cubes. Then it is boiled in lightly salted water.
- Fried mushrooms are added to the pot to the finished potatoes. All components are crushed with a blender until mushy.
- Cream is added to the resulting puree, then the soup is thoroughly stirred.
Before serving, the cream soup is garnished with herbs
Champignon sauce can be given to a child from 3 years old. In this case, it is important to monitor the reaction of the body.
- 150 g sour cream;
- 200 g of champignons;
- 1 onion;
- greens, salt to taste.
- Mushrooms and onions are finely chopped and stewed under the lid for 15 minutes. To avoid dryness, add some water to the pan.
- After a specified time, sour cream is added to the mushrooms. After that, the dish is cooked for another seven minutes.
- The resulting mass is cooled, and then crushed with a blender until smooth.
Mushroom sauce is often served with meat
Mushroom cabbage rolls
Mushrooms in the form of cabbage rolls can be given to children at the age of 5 and older. It is advisable to limit yourself to 1-2 pieces.
- 1 head of cabbage;
- 250 g champignons;
- 1 onion;
- ½ tbsp. rice.
- The mushrooms are washed and cut into small pieces.
- Finely chopped onion is fried in hot oil. Mushrooms are thrown next.
- Meanwhile, the rice is boiled until half cooked.
- Mushroom stuffing is mixed with rice.
- Place the head of cabbage in a suitable sized pot of water. When ready, each top sheet is removed with a knife.
- The cooled cabbage leaves are stuffed with minced mushrooms and then wrapped in an envelope.
- Stuffed cabbage is spread in a deep saucepan, poured with a small amount of water and stewed for 25-30 minutes over medium heat.
To make the dish more aromatic, add onions and carrots to it at the stewing stage.
Champignons in meatballs can be consumed by children from 4 years old. Absolutely any side dish is suitable for such a dish.
- 500 g of mushrooms;
- 5 tbsp. l. flour;
- 5 potatoes;
- a bunch of dill;
- salt to taste.
- Boil potatoes in their skins. After cooling, they are cleaned.
- Finely chopped mushrooms are fried in hot oil for 15 minutes.
- Place potatoes and mushrooms in a separate container and grind with a blender. Finely chopped dill is added to the resulting mass.
- Flour is added to the resulting mass, after which small meatballs are formed from the gruel.
- Mushroom products are boiled in boiling water for 10 minutes.
Mushroom Meatballs Can Be Eaten With Sauce
Mushroom casserole is recommended to be given no earlier than seven years. This dish is considered high in calories and difficult to digest.
- 6 potatoes;
- 200 g mozzarella cheese;
- 500 g of champignons;
- 2 onions;
- 2 chicken eggs;
- sprig of rosemary;
- 3 cloves of garlic;
- 200 ml of cream;
- salt and pepper to taste.
- Chopped onion and garlic are fried in a hot skillet. Then a rosemary branch is placed on top of them.
- Chopped champignons are added to the onion. Fry them for no more than 15 minutes.
- Boil potatoes in their skins. After cooling, it is cleaned and cut into circles.
- Beat eggs in a separate container with cream and grated cheese.
- Place mushrooms in a baking dish. Place the mozzarella cubes on top.
- Mugs of potatoes are laid out on them, after which they are sprinkled with salt and pepper. At the end, the egg mixture is poured into the mold.
- The dish is placed in the oven at 180 ° C for 25 minutes.
The dish is garnished with rosemary to add a piquant taste.
Stewed chicken fillet with mushrooms
Stewed chicken fillet with mushrooms is undesirable to give to children earlier than 7-10 years old. The dish is served with rice, potatoes or pasta.
- 700 g chicken fillet;
- 1 carrot;
- 1 tbsp. water;
- 400 g of mushrooms;
- 1 tbsp. flour;
- salt, pepper - to taste.
- The chicken fillet is cut into small pieces and then fried in hot oil.
- The carrots are diced and added to the chicken.
- The mushrooms are washed and cut into slices. Chop the onion in half rings. Prepared ingredients are thrown in a short time.
- The dish is stewed under the lid until all moisture has disappeared. Then flour, salt, pepper and water are added to it.
- After mixing, the components are stewed under the lid for another 20 minutes over low heat.
You can add cream to soften the taste.
How to give mushrooms to children correctly
It is permissible to give mushroom dishes to children no more than once a week in small portions. It is advisable to use them in the first half of the day. This will greatly facilitate the process of assimilation of the product. In this case, mushrooms should not act as the main ingredient. It is equally important to keep an eye on your baby's stool. Constipation and indigestion indicate the need to avoid mushrooms.
How many mushrooms can you give a child
Serving size is directly related to age. For example, mushrooms are strictly contraindicated for a one-year-old child. After the onset of two years, it is permissible to give 1-2 mushrooms a week. At the age of three, you can increase a single dosage to two pieces. At four years old, champignons are allowed to be consumed in an amount of 2-3 pieces. Five-year-olds can eat 3-4 carefully prepared small mushrooms at a time. At six years old, it is allowed to give 4-5 pieces, but subject to combination with other products.
In what cases mushrooms should not be given to children
Despite the fact that Komarovsky allows the use of mushrooms for children from the age of two, in some cases their intake is completely contraindicated. The following conditions are the reason for refusal from the product:
- allergic reaction;
- peptic ulcer and gastritis.
Since mushrooms have the ability to absorb toxic substances, their use can lead to poisoning. Symptoms make themselves felt as early as 4-6 hours after eating. The main symptom is nausea and abdominal cramps. Acetone odor from the mouth and upset stools may also occur. In this case, you need to see a doctor and take measures to cleanse the body of toxins.
Advice! It is better to discuss the possibility of introducing mushrooms into the child's diet with the pediatrician on an individual basis.
Officially, mushrooms are allowed for children from the age of two, but it is better to postpone the process of getting to know this product to a later time. This will help avoid unwanted side reactions.