We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Thuja Globoza belongs to the species of evergreen coniferous shrubs. It is a western thuja variety that is very popular with landscape gardeners. Has attracted close attention to its unpretentiousness to growing conditions and beautiful appearance. Globoza fits perfectly into any decoration or composition.
A tree can decorate not only a site, but a square or a park. Photos, descriptions and reviews will help you get to know the Globoza thuja better. A little about the view:
Description of Tui Globoza
A feature of a coniferous plant is a change in the color of the coating depending on the growing conditions and the type of thuja. In the description of the western thuja Globoza, you can find shades from ordinary green to golden, blue or bronze. The shape of the crown also varies. It can be formed in the form of a ball, a column, and have the form of a straight or inverted pyramid. Thuja needles are not prickly, pleasant to the touch. Globoza is a dwarf variety of western thuja, the sizes of which differ from the traditional parameters of the ephedra. The height of Thuja Globoza is not more than 1.5 m, the width is also about 1.5 m. Growth is slow, on average, the shrub increases by 5 cm per year. Scale-like needles change color during the season. In spring, the green color is lighter, in summer it darkens a little, in autumn it becomes brownish or gray-green. The coating is dense. Shoots are directed upwards. Crossed among themselves, they increase the density of the crown. To give the plant the desired shape, as well as to maintain the already formed crown, a haircut is carried out twice a year. Also, the haircut protects the crown of the Thuja Globoz from loosening. It perfectly tolerates winter, due to its good frost resistance, it is considered a long-liver. Small cones about 1 cm in size are formed on the shoots.In the photo - thuja western Globoza:
Varieties of spherical thuja Globoza
There are several varieties of coniferous shrubs. Among the most common and popular, it should be noted:
- Aurea. It stands out with an elongated ovoid or spherical crown shape. The height of an adult thuja Globoza is 1.2 m. The color of the needles is light green.
This shade allows the plant to be used in landscape compositions or for single plantings. Thuja occidentalis Globoza Aurea - frost-resistant species, tolerates winter well. Requires shading in the spring so that the needles do not dry out or get burned. It tolerates partial shade, prefers fertile loam, but grows no worse on other soils. The spherical shape of the thuja Globoza Aurea does not need an additional haircut. Looks good in rock gardens, rockeries.
- Nana. Recognized by gardeners as the most decorative among the spherical species of thuja. Among the advantages of thuja Globoza Nana, gardeners note good frost resistance, unpretentiousness in care and growing conditions, density of needles. The height of thuja Globoza in adulthood is 0.3-0.5 m, diameter 0.8 m, the color of the needles is green or golden yellow.
Important! Tuya Nana prefers acidic soil, belongs to the plant-aceedophilus.
Great for hedging, rockeries, rock gardens and container growing. Doesn't need an extra haircut.
- Gold. Very frost-resistant species, can withstand temperatures down to -34 ° C. the shape of the crown is spherical or round. Requires planting in fertile, moist soil. Thuja Globoza Gold grows slowly, the needles of old specimens become loose and lose their shape. The height of thuja GlobozaGold is 1 m, the color is golden-green or yellow.
Poorly tolerates drought, requires moisture, responds well to sprinkling. It is necessary to tie the crown in regions with heavy snow to prevent the crown from falling apart. Recommended for large compositions.
- Glauka. Slow-growing species, annually grows by 6 cm. Slightly flattened shoots, fanned out. Thuja Glauka Globoza in adulthood has an egg-shaped shape and a height of 60 cm. With age, the growth rate slightly increases. An unassuming view of the composition of the soil, it also tolerates partial shade well. In the shade, decorativeness disappears. In order for thuja Glauka to withstand winter frosts, it is necessary to ensure competent watering. The needles are of a beautiful bluish-green color, they look airy.
The lower part of the branches is decorated with light silvery stripes. Thuja Glauka Globoza goes well with dark plants, fir, cypress, pine.
Before choosing a thuja, you should carefully study the description of each type.
The use of thuja Globoza in landscape design
The main features of the Globoza species that attract landscape designers are:
- original crown shape;
- the color and density of the needles.
These characteristics allow professionals to plant dwarf plants in the form of a hedge, decorate rock gardens or rockeries. Globoza is great for large compositions, mixborders, landscaping terraces, front doors and loggias. Timely and regular haircut of Thuja Globoza allows you to give the shrub the desired shape for the intended composition. Thuja goes well with flowering perennials, framing the lawn. In the photo, examples of the use of thuja Globoza in landscape design:
For propagation of western thuja, two options are used, which differ in their nuances and features:
- Seed reproduction. This technique does not guarantee the preservation of the varietal qualities of the thuja. The seeds are harvested in September or October. When they are ripe, the bumps begin to open. They are stratified for 2-3 months and sown. Seeds of thuja Globoza are not subject to storage. In the second year, thuja seedlings dive into the ground and stand for 2-3 years, then transplanted to a permanent place.
- Cuttings. A faster and more reliable way. Can be used in spring and autumn. For good rooting, cuttings of a thuja "with a heel" are needed. Then they are treated with a rooting agent and placed in a nutrient mixture. Autumn rooting of thuja takes place in a zip package. Thuja seedlings are moved to a permanent place when new branches appear on them.
In this way, many new plants can be grown at once.
There are stages and features of planting thuja Globoza, which must be studied before starting the procedure. Particular attention should be paid to the choice of planting material. It is necessary to buy thuja seedlings in specialized nurseries or grow it yourself. It is optimal to opt for plants with ZKS. Such tuikas take root more easily and adapt to a new place. If damage or signs of disease are found, thuja seedlings should be postponed.
The phase of active vegetation in thuja western globose globose begins in May. Therefore, a transplant can be planned in the spring after the end of the threat of return frosts or in the fall - early September.
Site selection and soil preparation
The place for the thuja Globoza is chosen taking into account all the requirements of the ephedra. The plant loves good lighting. Slight shading can be allowed, but in this case the needles lose their decorative effect a little, and the crown becomes loose.
Another parameter is soil moisture. You should not place thuja on an area where groundwater is close. If the occurrence is higher than 1.5 m, and there is no other suitable place, then you will need to build an earthen mound.
Important! The rest of the parameters for thuja are not so important.
The soil for thuja is prepared slightly acidic, of medium nutritional value and moderately moist. If there is loam on the site, then additional measures for soil preparation will not be needed. For other types of soil, you need to choose a mixture. The site is clear of weeds, dig up and loosened.
The process begins with the preparation of the planting pit, the optimal parameters of which are 50-60 cm. Shape - cube.
Important! The depth of the thuja pit should exceed the size of the earthen coma.
When planting a thuja hedge, the distance between the plants is 60-70 cm. If a composition is planned, then the distance is left according to the layout. The procedure is as follows:
- Lay a drainage layer 15-20 cm thick. Options - fine gravel, expanded clay, broken brick.
- Spread a layer of nutrient soil with a mound of sand, turf and peat.
- Water the plants in the container in advance to remove them without damaging the roots.
- Place the thuja with an earthen lump on a mound, cover with soil, compact a little (carefully).
- Water and mulch the root zone of the thuja.
During planting, you need to ensure that the plant is located straight, and the root collar is 2 cm above ground level.
Growing and care rules
It is not difficult to take care of the Globoza thuja. The main activities that the gardener will have to perform:
- top dressing;
- loosening and mulching;
- pruning and shaping the crown;
- preparation for winter.
The variety is resistant to diseases, therefore, following the rules of care, it is easy to grow a healthy plant.
Globoza does not tolerate drying out and waterlogging. You will have to carefully monitor the moisture content of the soil, especially if the thuja is grown in a tub or container. The regularity of watering is once a week, you can increase the amount in dry months. Additionally, it is recommended to irrigate the needles.
The schedule depends on the degree of soil fertility. The first feeding should be started in the third year after planting. The main thing is that the plant is planted in a nutritious soil. It is enough for the Globoza species to add food 2 times per season. Thuja responds well to organics. Compost or humus is added to the soil to a depth of 10 cm, having previously removed such a layer of soil. Then a layer of fine pine bark is placed on the fertilizer. Suitable for feeding horse or cow manure, ready-made mineral formulations. However, mineral fertilizers should be applied very carefully so as not to overdose and reduce the acidity of the soil. Well suited for thuja "Kemira-Universal" in the amount of 50 g per 1 sq. m.
Globoza tolerates cutting and pruning well. This allows you to form the crown, give the plant the desired appearance, maintain the density of the needles. The slow-growing species is pruned in the spring after the buds open. Broken or damaged twigs are removed. To form, the shoots are cut to 1/3 of the length. Once every 3 years, rejuvenating pruning is needed, in which the shoots are shortened by half.
Preparing for winter
Before the onset of cold weather, the globose globose is huddled, carefully tied up the shoots, covered with a covering material. Plants should not be opened immediately in the spring. Gradually, the twigs are accustomed to the sun, removing the shelter for a certain time.
Pests and diseases
Despite its resistance to disease, Thuja Globoza can suffer from a violation of the conditions of care. If insects appear on the plant, for example, a false shield, then it is necessary to treat it with insecticides. Gardeners use Aktellik, Aktara, Fufanon. When the branches dry out, they are treated with the preparations "Hom", "Abiga-Peak", "Topaz".
Thuja Globoza is a very decorative species. A variety of varieties allows you to qualitatively decorate the site with unpretentious conifers. Fulfilling the requirements of agricultural technology, you can be sure that the thuja will delight you with its decorative effect for a long time.
Maria Solonitsyna, 37 years old, Belgorod
I like the globular thuja. We have a small plot, so we won't be able to plant many large conifers. Globoza is so unpretentious and beautiful that it is a pleasure to grow. For beginners, I can advise you to carefully monitor the watering and lighting of the thuja so as not to injure the plant.
Valentina Yakushina, 49 years old, Voronezh
Thuja Globoza grows here as a hedge. The density of the needles is good, it lends itself well to shaping, haircut and pruning can be done 2 times a year. Top dressing requires little, it is more important to monitor watering. If the soil is nutritious, then you should not get carried away with additional nutrition, it is better to once again sprinkle or water. In the shade, it loses its decorative effect, in the scorching sun it requires regular moisture.