We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
If the farm has a mini-tractor, then you definitely need to have attachments to automate the harvesting process. The device can be bought in a store, but the price does not always suit the consumer. If desired, the potato digger and potato planter for the mini-tractor can be made independently. Moreover, the first attachment can be used not only for digging out potatoes, but also for harvesting other root crops.
Varieties of potato diggers
This type of attachment is always fixed to the rear hitch of the mini-tractor. Structurally, potato diggers are divided into single-row and double-row models. In addition, there is one more difference - according to the principle of operation. Mainly used for mini tractor potato digger of two types:
- The most complex in design is considered to be a conveyor potato digger. In front, it has a ploughshare, which, when the digger moves, cuts the ground. Together with the soil, the tubers fall on a conveyor made in the form of a lattice of steel rods. This is where the soil is cleaned from potatoes. Conveyor models are expensive and are most often used on farms.
- The vibration potato digger is simpler. It also has a trimming share. Here are just a table made of rods, not made in the form of a conveyor, but simply welded caps. The soil with root crops cut by a plowshare falls on this grate, which vibrates from movement. Such a digger is also referred to as a roaring digger. Tubers from vibration throws up on twigs, and they are cleared of soil. For home use, a vibration model is better suited.
There are several more potato diggers for a mini-tractor, but these are more home-made, although there are also factory-made ones. Let's take a look at them:
- The simplest design is a fan potato digger for a mini-tractor, and according to the principle of operation, it resembles a vibration analogue. In this design, the potato digger is made of a hiller, and rods in the form of a fan are welded to it from behind. It is on this grid that the potatoes are peeled. Fan diggers are best used with a walk-behind tractor.
- The drum potato digger cleans the tubers from soil by rotating the lattice structure. Its disadvantage is damage to the skin of the potato. The drum is directly connected to the PTO shaft. A ground trimming knife is installed in front.
- The horse-drawn potato digger, which is quite interesting in its structure, is imported to us from Poland. Local craftsmen convert it for walk-behind tractors and walk-behind tractors. A knife is installed in front of the digger. While driving, he cuts the soil and understands it together with the tubers. A rotating fan of steel rods is installed behind the knife, which is driven by wheels with lugs. So he throws the tubers off the knife to the side.
To each digger, the owner tries to add something of his own in the process. Modification of the mechanism leads to the emergence of new designs.
Self-made potato digger
When making a homemade potato digger for a mini-tractor, it is better to give preference to a vibration model. In the photo, we propose to see the drawings of this design, where the dimensions of all nodes are indicated.
To some, the design will seem complicated and the thought immediately flashes - I'd rather buy it. Don't despair. Let's look at how to assemble such a digger with our own hands:
- Homemade construction must be durable. The main load falls on the frame, therefore, the choice of material for it must be approached wisely. The main frame is welded from a corner with a section of 60x40 mm or a channel. You will need a piece of sheet steel 5–8 mm thick. Gussets are cut from it to strengthen the corners of the frame and other nodes on which a large load is applied. The service life of a hand-made digger depends on the quality of the steel and the connection of the nodes. For fixing, welding or bolting is used. The knot will be stronger with the combined method of connection.
- After making the frame, they start assembling the elevator, that is, the grate, where the tubers will be cleaned. Of the materials, you will need a rod with a diameter of 8-10 mm, as well as sheet steel for the manufacture of the case. First, a grid is welded from rods and steel strips. A shaft is attached to the finished structure, which will make the lattice table vibrate during the movement of the digger. Finally, the elevator is installed on the frame, where it is firmly fixed with a bolted connection.
- Now you need to make the share itself, which will cut the soil. Here you need to take strong steel so that it does not bend in the ground. The workpiece is bent into shape as shown in the diagram. A steel pipe with a diameter of 200 mm can be used as a blank for a share. The cut piece must be cut lengthwise in one place with a grinder. After that, the ring is unbent, giving it the shape of a ploughshare. The edge of the finished knife is sharpened on a sharpener. The ploughshare is attached to the elevator and frame using bolts with a diameter of 10 mm.
- The next step is to make a wheel fixture. Here, each master chooses a convenient option for himself. It is possible to simply fix the shaft with bearings to the frame on racks, or install separately the hubs on each side of the digger.
- The final of the work is the manufacture of attachment of the digger to the mini-tractor. It all depends on the design features of the equipment. It is optimal to visit a retail outlet and see the device of the towing mechanism for this model of a mini-tractor. Make a homemade mount using the same principle.
On this, the homemade digger is ready. Now you need to select the wheels on which it will move. Two options are considered here: steel or rubber. It is better to have two pairs of wheels on the farm. For hard, dry soil, steel wheels are ideal. You may even have to weld on the lugs. The type of tread depends on the soil and is selected individually. On wet and loose soil, it is better to roll the digger on a rubber track. It will fall into the ground less under its own weight.
Important! Rubber and steel wheels must be wide, otherwise the digger will sink into the ground.
The video shows a homemade potato digger:
Varieties of potato planters
A homemade potato planter for a mini-tractor is very difficult to manufacture. Although skilled owners manage to make it in order to save money on the purchase. In the photo we have presented a diagram of one of the designs of a potato planter. By this principle, you can assemble a homemade hitch to a mini-tractor.
Now let's look at what the models of factory-made potato planters look like:
Depending on the model, the cost of potato planters varies from 24 to 80 thousand rubles. Not very cheap and potato diggers. This is where you should think about making attachments yourself. The work is difficult, but economically justified.