We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Saw is one of the most popular tools in the household. It is used both for gardening and construction. With the help of a saw (or, as it is also called - a hacksaw) many locksmithing works are performed. There are electric saws (circular) and hand saws (hacksaws for wood, metal).
Today on the market you can find many varieties of hacksaws. They vary in blade size, tooth shape, materials, handle shape.
Saw is a tool that you need to be responsible for choosing. A specific type is suitable for each type of work. For example, for a gardener - an ordinary universal saw, for a locksmith an archer is more suitable.
Varieties of tools
- Circular. Such a saw can be carefully sawed along the necessary line. It has frequent teeth and can be double-sided. You need to work with it carefully - there is a risk that it can slip out.
- Obushkovaya. The hacksaw has good strength due to the pickaxe. This allows you not to fear that the tool will bend at the most inopportune moment. The handle is usually located at an angle of forty-five degrees to the blade, which facilitates the work with the tool.
- Bow saw. This type is very useful to locksmiths. With this design, sawing can be done along and across the board. You can cut the necessary figures from plywood. Gardeners also like this type of tool. With it, you can easily cut off uncomfortable knots from trees, where it’s hard to work with an ordinary saw. But she has several drawbacks. It is quite difficult for her to maneuver and she is very fragile. You need to work with it carefully.
- Award saw. A two-handed hacksaw, the handles of which are located on both sides. With this hacksaw you can cut grooves on any tree species.
- Folding. A small convenient hacksaw, which is good to use for small chores. When going on a picnic, it is also very useful. She folds along the road so she will not cut anyone. The saw unfolds in place, so with its help it is quite possible to cut a couple of branches.
The main characteristics of the tool are as follows.
Tooth size and shape
This characteristic affects the choice of tool. There is a scale by which the number of teeth per inch of blade is determined. The scale is called TPI. Often the designations on this scale are indicated even on the iron sheet of the instrument itself.
The tool with coarse large teeth is used for work that does not require special accuracy and quality.. For example, sawing logs for firewood, cleaning the room from large boards, which, without sawing, are difficult to remove from the room. For such work, a tool with a tooth frequency of three to six per inch is suitable.
Small-tipped tool is used for more precise work requiring even cuts.. For example, for sawing chipboard. Naturally, the time of work with a hacksaw with small teeth will be much longer than large, but the work will be done better.
If you are going to saw a log for firewood, while taking a hacksaw with small cloves, then you will not be sawing for an hour or two. And when working with a large tooth saw along the laminate, for example, the cut will be, to put it mildly, ugly. Sometimes in stores it is indicated on the packaging of the saw why it is best used. There are specialized saws for fiberboard, drywall, etc.
The teeth also vary in shape:
- Oblique triangular (or longitudinal). Well cut the tree, leaving a smooth beautiful cut.
- Straight triangular (or transverse). This variety is best used for dry wood. On wet wood, working with such a hacksaw is inconvenient.
- With both types of teeth - universal. Such a hacksaw can be used both on dry and wet wood. But sharpening such a tool is very difficult.
The best will be hacksaws made of stainless steel. Saws with dark-colored teeth are red-hot. The disadvantage of hot teeth is that they cannot be sharpened when they become dull. A tool with ordinary teeth can be ground.
The length usually depends on the size of the teeth. There are mini-saws up to thirty-five centimeters long (they have small teeth), up to fifty centimeters (the teeth can be different). Large ones have a length of more than sixty centimeters and have large teeth. According to the shape of the blade, the hacksaw may look like a tapering rectangle (standard). There are rounded types.
An important part of the tool for the master. After all, sometimes you need to hold the tool in your hand for quite some time. It is important that the handle does not sweat, and is also comfortable for the hand of the master. This is also a security issue. A poorly controlled tool may bend and cause injury. There are many types of handles, all of them are made for different requests.
If you will use the saw for gardening, then the usual universal saw is suitable. If you work with material that requires high-quality processing, then a saw with small teeth will do. For complex locksmithing, a beam saw is required. The price of a good tool cannot be too low. If you want your hacksaw to serve you faithfully for a long time, then it is better to buy a tool more expensive and preferably a well-known company. If possible, look through the reviews and see the rating of different types of saws, then choosing a good tool will not be difficult for you.