We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
In the country, such a thing as a barbecue is simply necessary. Around him, one can say, and the whole idea of a vacation with friends and relatives revolves. Those who do not have a real brazier resort to methods for the manufacture of its substitutes and make home-made designs. The easiest way to make a brazier is to make a masonry of bricks in the shape of a rectangle. Special craftsmen can weld a skewer of metal on their own, while having basic knowledge of its manufacture and assembly, i.e. the dimensions of a barbecue grill, drawing. This will be discussed.
Varieties of barbecue devices
Braziers are of two main types:
- Mobile The advantage of such products is the ability to transport them. They are taken with them on a picnic, fishing, on a hike. Some modifications of this type of barbecue can easily fit in a backpack or bag. The advantage is quick assembly without the use of welding. Their minus consists in the fragility of the material from which they are made. As a rule, this is a lightweight and thin metal, which deforms under the influence of heat over time, since at high temperatures it becomes malleable like clay.
- Stationary They serve longer and deform less frequently due to the solidity of their designs. These types of barbecues are sometimes equipped with wheels for moving around the site. To decorate products, design and decoration elements can be additionally used. They are made from durable materials and can be equipped with additional elements to facilitate cooking. For example, it can be an iron countertop into which a roasting pan is built in, and next to it there can be a grate on the same coals for cooking something, at the base you can make an iron shelf for firewood, a stand for skewers, etc.
In addition, kebabs are divided into the following categories:
- Electric barbecue models are distinguished by the automatic movement and rotation of skewers equipped with them, which ensures uniform steaming of the meat and the exclusion of burning it in some places. The source of heat can be both spiral elements and hot coals of firewood.
- The standard model consists of an iron case in the shape of a rectangle and four legs that are of medium height. On the side walls of the casing he made holes to maintain the combustion of coal. It is characterized by relatively low weight, if made of iron, and ease of manufacture. Disadvantages of standard barbecue devices: barbecue cools quickly, low location.
Material for making brazier
The most popular type of product in terms of the use of material in its manufacture is a metal barbecue. Now on the market a large number of speciesmade from iron. This metal is most popular for the following reasons:
- it is easy to clean from carbon deposits;
- easy to weld;
- relatively light weight;
- high rates of temperature retention.
Of course, you can buy a brazier in almost any store or order it on the Internet, but this does not compare with a homemade brazier, with the process of making it yourself. In this case, you have great opportunities for creativity, and he will have a place to find a way out when you start making your own version, depending on your goals, tastes and preferences. For someone it will be enough simple barbecue, and someone will want to decorate it with decorative elements or come up with an original idea for his design.
Everyone can weld a product of iron and with a correctly drawn up plan if desired. If there are no conditions for metal welding, then it is worth stocking up with fixing bolts and an electric drill with metal drills for joining the walls of the body of the future product.
Standard product view very simple in design. You need metal sheets. Their thickness will depend on the purpose of the future barbecue. A thick sheet of iron will last you longer, but will have more weight. Therefore, if you plan to constantly take it with you on trips, then focus on a thickness of about 2 mm.
For legs, you can use iron rods. If you plan to use the grill on hard surfaces, such as asphalt or paving stones, you can create a wide base at the ends of the legs for greater stability. But it is better to choose an intermediate diameter of the legs, which will be quite stable on the asphalt and stick into the ground without any problems.
It is important to maintain the equal height of the legs and set them so that they take a vertical view, otherwise the brazier will fall over and warp, which will create inconvenience. As a rule, for such a barbecue long legs not recommendedbecause there is a possibility that he will fall. Barbecue depth on average will be from 13 to 15 cm.
It is important to make through holes on the side walls of the case with a diameter of the index finger, stepping back four centimeters from the bottom with an interval of 4 cm. This will provide oxygen access for burning firewood and will not let the hot coals go out. To fix the skewers on the body, you can make recesses in the form of gutters.
Besides, can make lightweight standard barbecuetaking support for him, several corners, fixing bolts and directly metal for the body. You can easily take it on a camping trip.
Here is a non-separable model, and in order to make such a product, you will need:
- grinder with a disc for metal;
- corners of racks;
- welding machine;
- steel plates;
Size of metal products
Just before you begin to do the work, you need to draw up a drawing. It should indicate all the dimensions of the structural parts, the location of the holes for both ventilation and skewers.
The height of the sides is a constant value. It is equal to 15 cm, this value is set as optimal for frying meat. If the height of the walls of the body is above 15 cm, the heat will be insufficient for cooking meat and more fuel will be required; if the height is less than 13 cm, then the meat will be fried on a fire and, as a result, burned. The length of the barbecue will vary depending on how many skewers you will fry at the same time.
When grilling kebab, the distance between the sticks should be 8 cm. The height of the legs is also selected in different ways. In portable species, it is small, but stationary species are installed higher. The thickness of the metal for portable grill is 2 mm, and for non-portable types of barbecue - 3 mm or more. To prevent bottom wear, an additional sheet of metal can be placed on it.
Step-by-step assembly instructions
In a collapsible model, you will need corners, a steel sheet, welding, a grinder, a drill, four supports, a bottom, fixing bolts. Assembly steps:
- On the metal, the estimated bottom of the product is marked and the wall height is calculated immediately. The layout should be in the shape of a square.
- The workpiece is cut along the intended lines.
- After this, the edges are bent and welded at the joints. At this moment perforations are made.
- Recesses are cut on long walls to fix the skewers.
- Legs-corners are welded to each corner of the grill.
In the manufacture of prefabricated types, welding is not necessary. You will need corners, a hacksaw for metal, bolts and nuts, steel sheets, a drill and drills. The procedure is the same. Make a drawing and cut the blank for future construction. The side walls and bottom will be bolted together. The walls of the product are joined and fixed with bolts and nuts.
Threads must be applied to the legs in order to subsequently tighten them with nuts to the base, or corners can be used. In this case, you should first make holes on the partitions in the place of the future docking of the legs with the body. To strengthen the structure, it is recommended to tighten its walls with longitudinal rods, closer to the base.
Braziers of solid constructions are characterized by the presence of additional elements. They are equipped with various compartments: for cauldrons, skewers, fuel. It happens that a chimney is installed on them. An additional metal grill can be installed at some distance from the bottom to reduce the intensity of the fire. To give mobility to the whole structure, wheels are mounted on the bottom, and handles are mounted on the brazier body.
In addition to the above method, for the manufacture of a homemade barbecue, you can use other improvised means:
- A good option can be blinded from a rotten barrel, in it you can cook and barbecue. It is necessary to cut the barrel wall, focusing on pre-made markings. It will serve as a product cover in the future. In this case, the ends do not need to be touched and supports should be attached to them, from corners or rods. On the lid you need to weld a handle. Fixing for skewers is made of corners and fastened inside the barrel.
- Two barrels - one barbecue. One of the barrels will serve both as a support and a place where firewood will be kindled. At the second barrel, one wall is cut out and a lid is made by attaching canopies to it. Inside you can put grill grates.
- Barbecue from an old car. The original solution will be the production of barbecue from the old car body. It will carry a purely decorative function without fulfilling its intended purpose. You just need to install everything you need to fry the barbecue on the former location of the car engine. For showiness, it’s best not to dismantle the hood and leave it open, placing support if necessary.
- Product from the computer system unit. The already unnecessary computer case can easily be turned into an impromptu barbecue by cutting off its two side walls and the lid, leaving only the bottom and two sides. For skewers, make holes on the top of the walls.
Forged products decorated with various patterns and figures look very beautiful. These types of products must be equipped with additional shelves, fire compartments, wheels and stands.
Brazier protection against corrosion
To make your product less exposed to the destructive effect of heat, it must be coated with special compounds that have high resistance to high temperature.
To protect the metal, burnishing is widely used. The surface of the processed material is degreased. Elements of the product should be aged in caustic soda for about thirty minutes. The proportion to water will be 1:20. Processing temperature - 140 degrees.
It is best to choose a stainless steel instead of a regular sheet of metal: this will prevent corrosion and increase the life of the kebab. If you want picnic equipment to serve you for more than a decade, choose a sufficient thickness of the barbecue walls. The most effective indicators of wall thickness in terms of wear resistance are at least 6 mm.
In order for the design to turn out to be of high quality, it is necessary to observe the conditions:
- accurately measure the dimensions of the future design;
- during processing, the part should be fixed to the table with a clamp.
When manufacturing the product, follow all safety precautions: wear safety glasses, gloves and a suit. When it is supposed to weld a structure, this is all the more necessary, since radiation from it without using a special suit can provoke various diseases.