We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
The genus of delphiniums includes approximately 400 species of perennial and annual herbaceous plants. For planting on a summer cottage, the best option would be perennials, distinguished by palmate-separated leaves, covered with small hairs. In height, they can reach 2 meters.
The inflorescence of delphiniums is a large brush, the height of which is about 70 centimeters. Flowers can have pink, lilac, white color, and they have a bright peephole; there are bright blue and blue petals. The diameter of the flower reaches 7 centimeters.
The delphinium is also called fern, because its upper petal has a spur. In standard varieties, the whisk includes 5 petals. There are no serious requirements for caring for the dolphinium. Shelter for the winter is not necessary. If you fertilize the soil in advance, for two years you can not think about making additional fertilizing.
In the course of hybridization, carried out since 1859, many varieties were bred. Together, they are called "Cultural Delphinium." Depending on the origin, different varieties are included in certain groups.
The Belladonna Group
Species included in the group are labioecious and large-flowered. For plants, the following symptoms are characteristic: dissected leaves, paniculate inflorescence, which branches. Flowering in the summer. Of the varieties worth highlighting:
- Arnold Becklin with bright blue petals;
- "Piccolo" with blue petals;
- Lamartine with dark blue semi-double inflorescences;
- Merheimhaving simple white corollas and the same eye.
This includes all hybrids bred from the Delphinium High variety. Known varieties:
- Nachtwahe with bluish-purple petals;
- Perlmutrbaumhaving a dark eye and pearly blue color;
- Abgezang bright cornflower blue color, reaching a length of 170 cm;
- "Bornimer Hybrid" with petals in blue tones;
- "Lady Belinda" white color.
Of the most popular, it is worth highlighting:
- "Pledge of Youth" pale pink, with semi-double petals and a black eye;
- "Crane Memory" with purple flowers and a black eye, diameter - up to 8 cm;
- "Lilac Spiral"having two-tone flowers with a diameter of up to 7 cm with lilac-colored petals;
- Pink Sunset having lilac-pink, semi-double flowers with a diameter of 6 cm.
Spur must be planted in fertile and light soil (preferably in the place where the sun's rays fall). Seedlings cannot tolerate drought.
If the soil is highly acidic in your area, hydrated lime is required. In the autumn, fertilizers are applied. Then they dig the soil and add peat, manure. Re-digging is carried out in the spring. At this time, the following fertilizers are added: superphosphate, potassium salt and ammonium sulfate. After that, you can plant a plant. Each delphinium seed is 2 millimeters in length, and about 400 pieces are contained in one gram.
Division and landing of delphiniums
The depth of the holes in which the seeds of the delphinium are placed should be small. The distance between plants is calculated taking into account its size in adulthood. The earth from the hole is mixed with compost and peat and fill the hole by ½. Sowing is carried out in the autumn or winter.
Important! It is worth giving preference to fresh seeds, otherwise there is a risk that there will be no seedlings.
Since the delphinium grows in one place for 6 years, the soil for it is prepared in advance. The following composition is introduced into it:
- mineral fertilizer.
Of the features of care, it is worth noting the need to garter tall plants and cut flower stalks at the end of flowering.
Growing from seeds and cuttings
How to grow delphinium from seeds? There are several nuances to be considered.
- When 2-3 leaves appear, seedlings are picked, then they are placed for growing in a school (a plot of land that has optimal conditions for seedlings).
- If planted in the fall, the seeds of the delphinium are planted in a permanent place. At the same time, delphiniums bloom only in the second year in the summer. Flowering period is a month.
- Propagation by cuttings occurs in the spring. Shoots are cut right at the base, as soon as they reach 5-8 centimeters. For better rooting, heteroauxin treatment is performed. Then the shoots are placed in greenhouses with a cool temperature. Deepening in the soil goes 2 centimeters.
- In the first 7 days after planting, cuttings require regular watering. After 2 months, the plants are placed according to the scheme of 15x15 centimeters for the purpose of growing. At a permanent place, the delphinium is placed in the fall or spring of next year.
Delphinium is propagated by various methods: vegetatively (dividing the bush, green cuttings) or using seeds.
In the process of propagating the delphinium by seeds, it must be taken into account that new seedlings may not possess the characteristics of the mother plant.
For ferns, the best method of propagation is dividing the bush. A whole dolphinium bush is dug up and divided into parts. On each of them should remain several shoots. Parts of the bush are planted in a permanent place.
Combination with other plants
On the garden plot, the delphinium is perennial and other varieties can be placed in different places. Look good in groups of 3 plants, located in the center of the meadow, near the veranda or arbor. When combined with perennials, the dolphinium is planted in the background.
The best neighbors for the delphinium:
In the cut, the delphinium looks great on its own. If at least half of the flowers have not blossomed, the bouquet will stand up to 12 days.
Important! All parts of the plant are poisonous. In view of this, if you have an allergy or have small children in the family, putting a bouquet of these flowers on the table is not recommended.
Use cases in landscaping
This plant is quite high - up to 20 cm. It will be an excellent option for decorating small buildings and fences. Delphinium planting can be carried out in mixborders, flower beds and flower beds. Even a few plants can make the garden much brighter.
In mixborders, you need to place this plant in the background. In group plantings, bushes of different shades are successfully combined. So, with yellow delphiniums, you can plant a loosestrife, yellow lilies, lupins. With white - pink peonies.
The best varieties of perennial delphinium
Delphiniums will be an excellent option for decorating any garden site. There are a huge number of plant varieties distributed in groups. These flowers have increased requirements for soil composition and watering. Reproduction is carried out by dividing the bush and seed method.