We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Hybrid tea roses are present in many flower gardens and gardens. They are quite popular, and therefore every year this species is replenished with new original varieties. The cultivation of such varieties is interesting to many summer residents, but, unfortunately, it is not possible in all conditions.
Of course, it would be just fine if we could grow any flower we liked in the country. But this is far from always possible. Therefore, it is worthwhile to carefully select the types and varieties of plants that are suitable for existing conditions, as well as provide them with decent care. Hybrid tea roses, which we decided to consider today, are quite resistant to diseases and cold climates, but also need to be provided with some conditions. Therefore, if you decide to grow these pretty and fragrant plants on your own plot, try to heed our advice.
Hybrid tea roses were obtained by crossing tea and remontant roses. Only the best qualities were taken from the two species, and therefore, today we have beautiful flowers with an unusual aroma, as well as resistance to cold and disease, prolonged flowering and various forms of the bush. Depending on the chosen variety, you can get not only large and small bushes, various shapes and colors of the flower, but also the opportunity to observe different shades of one variety during the flowering season (this is inherent in some hybrids).
Varieties of tea hybrid roses
At the moment, there are many varieties of this plant.
Today we will present you some varieties that are most famous or in demand among gardeners:
- American Pride - hybrid roses with lush, velvety flowers, with a diameter of up to 15 cm, single and in inflorescences, half-breathing, most often dark red. Bushes up to 80 cm, straight and quite dense, with dark green, large leathery leaves. Most suitable for cutting and group plantings in the landscape;
- Aqua - a medium-sized plant, about 80 cm high, with smooth and strong stems of green color. Aqua blooms in large flowers, sometimes up to 12 cm in diameter, on long peduncles. Flowers of different colors, depending on the flowering time, the color of the leaves and shoots does not change and always remains green. Flowering period - end of June - deep autumn;
- Alexander - a plant with medium flowers, a diameter of about 10 cm, flame red. Terry flowers, single or in small inflorescences. Bushes are tall, branched and sprawling. Flowering is long and plentiful. The variety is suitable for cultivation in group plantings and for cutting, resistant to cold and fungal diseases;
- Black baccarat - a beautiful and vigorous plant, whose scarlet and dark red flowers reach up to 10 cm in diameter. Fragrant single flowers cover the entire bush, flowering is plentiful and long. The leaves of the bush are pointed, green. One of the few varieties that brought the breeders as close as possible to the concept of “black rose”. Resistant to disease and frost;
- Versilia. It is characterized by abundant flowering of creamy peach color. The buds are large, about 12 cm, the shape is slightly pointed, goblet. The flowers are fragrant, appear 2 times in the warm season. The bush is tall, up to 1.2 m, the leaves are glossy, dark green;
- Gloria Day. A popular winter-hardy variety, which is characterized by weak-breathing, double flowers, up to 15 cm in diameter. The color is golden, pink, yellow-pink. The bush is vigorous, up to 1.2 m thick, with dark green glossy leaves. Flowering occurs from the end of June and almost before the onset of frost;
- Die Welt. It differs in large lonely or in small inflorescences flowers with orange and yellow color. The bush is vigorous, 100-120 cm, compact, but quite thick. The leaves are shiny, leathery and large. It blooms continuously throughout the warm season;
- Consul. This variety is considered classic. It blooms with numerous velvet flowers with a strong aroma. The flowers are large, 10 cm in diameter, satin petals, neatly bent, the bush is medium-sized, the leaves are dark green;
- Kerio. A very original variety, which is distinguished by the color of the flowers - they are bright yellow, saturated, with many shades. The flowers are large, 13 cm in diameter, change color over the course of the flowering period. The leaves are juicy, rich green, glossy. Strongly bush, up to 1.2 m, with smooth and long shoots.
In addition to the varieties described by us in more detail, in the arsenal of amateur gardeners and professionals there are others, each of which differs in its advantages and characteristic positive aspects: Blue Moon, Eva Harkness, Cheshire Life, Loving Memori, Savoy Hotel, Simba, Evening Star, Chrysler Imperial, Criteron, Mr. Lincoln and others.
Video: Hybrid Tea Roses. Group features
After you read our material and evaluate how tea hybrid roses look externally, maybe you want to see them in your country house. That is why we decided to supplement the article with some more points. And right now, a few words about the planting of these flowers.
For cultivation, you should choose a place protected from the wind, bright and sunny, which is not deprived of heat. It is advisable to select a site with slightly acidic, loose and well-drained soil.
After the place is chosen, you should prepare the holes and seedlings. Wells delve into a depth of not more than 40-50 cm, this is quite enough. The distance between the bushes - depending on the selected variety and type of planting, most often it is about 40 cm. Wells are shed and fertilized, seedlings are prepared. To do this, just submerge them before planting in clean water for 2-3 hours. After planting seedlings in the soil, they are spudded to a height of 15 cm.
Favorite roses gardeners
Proper and timely fertilizer will enable plants to develop and bloom properly. The best for these purposes is slurry and mineral fertilizers. First of all, nitrogen fertilizers should be applied to the soil. This is done in the spring. About three weeks before the beginning of flowering, roses are fed with potassium-phosphorus fertilizers.
If you have chosen slurry for feeding, then you must prepare it before applying. The settled and diluted fertilizer is introduced into special furrows, which are made at a distance of 30-35 cm from the extreme lateral shoots. This happens as follows: furrows are shed with water, slurry, and after drying, they are covered with earth. The next day, loosening the soil.
Watering, breeding, shelter for the winter
In fact, further care is practically no different from the general rules for caring for roses, which we have already described in detail in previous articles. Therefore, if you wish to familiarize yourself with them, please read them.
Today we looked at a small catalog of tea-hybrid roses, at least some varieties of this species. Also, found out the landing method and some rules of care. Therefore, we believe that you are fully prepared to grow these wonderful flowers in your own country house. One has only to buy tea-hybrid roses of the desired variety, study the possible differences in care from the basic rules, properly process and prepare seedlings, and proceed with planting. Perhaps, already this year, you will become the next successful gardener who is very pleased with his rose garden.